Introduction to VAT for housing associations
Other dates or locations
Following the success of our training course earlier this year in Reading, we are delighted to be hosting our one-day courses in other locations.
These courses examines how VAT affects housing associations and assumes that delegates have no prior knowledge.
Who should attend
- Individuals taking on responsibility for VAT for the first time.
- Individuals who have experience of VAT in other sectors but are new to housing.
Morning session: how the VAT system works:
- the VAT treatment of the main activities of housing associations
- when should VAT be charged on costs
- the requirements for VAT incurred to be recovered
- partial exemption methods and calculations, including the capital goods scheme.
Afternoon session: focussed around a development activity, including:
- when will VAT be incurred on land, and what are the strategies to deal with this
- VAT treatment of construction, conversions and refurbishment projects, including design-and-build arrangements
- VAT treatment of the various types of tenure.
£300 + VAT for the first delegate.
Contact us for further information and to discuss reduced fees if booking more than one delegate.
Registration will be confirmed by email and an invoice will be issued for payment.
If you cannot attend these locations please contact us as we will be happy to discuss hosting the course, as well as bespoke training, in other locations and on other dates.
St Bride's House
10 Salisbury Square
London EC4Y 8EH