Independent schools: an introduction to VAT
Our seminar will cover the basic principles of VAT, planning opportunities in respect of schools and their trading companies, as well as topical issues.
Kieran Smith, VAT Director at Crowe will focus on:
- the basic principles of VAT and where it is chargeable
- exemptions applicable to education
- methods of VAT recovery
- high value land and property costs including where VAT can be saved or is not chargeable
- how making supplies through the trading company or school can affect VAT liability
- case law update and recent changes
- topical issues such as overseas agents, supplies of sport, the mini-bus scheme, supplies to other eligible bodies and room hire.
The cost of the half day seminar is £225 plus VAT (£270 in total).
An invoice will be issued following your registration.
Please contact Julie Cason with any questions.
St. Bride’s House
10 Salisbury Square
London EC4Y 8EH