Introduction to VAT for housing associations
Other dates or locations
The course examines how VAT affects housing associations and assumes that delegates have no prior knowledge.
Morning session: how the VAT system works:
- the VAT treatment of the main activities of housing associations
- when should VAT be charged
- the requirements for VAT incurred to be recovered
- partial exemption methods and calculations, including the capital goods scheme.
Afternoon session: focussed around a development activity, including:
- when will VAT be incurred on land and what are the strategies to deal with this
- VAT treatment of construction, conversions and refurbishment projects, including design-and-build arrangements
- VAT treatment of the various types of tenure.
During the training we shall provide an update on current hot topics in VAT, including cost sharing, energy saving works, temporary staff, rent collection fees and Brexit.
Who should attend?
- Individuals taking on responsibility for VAT for the first time.
- Individuals who have experience of VAT in other sectors but are new to housing.
We are delighted to be able to offer our popular course in four new locations – London (near Euston station), central Dorset (parking available close by) Dewsbury (by the station) and Chester, kindly hosted by Origin, East Boro, Connect and Muir Housing Groups.
£300 + VAT for the first delegate.
Contact us for further information and to discuss reduced fees if booking more than one delegate.
Registration will be confirmed by email and an invoice will be issued for payment
Numbers will be limited to ensure that the session is interactive. We recommend early booking as these courses are very popular
21 Bond Street
Dewsbury WF13 1AX