VAT on Pension Scheme costs
Understand the key questions facing trustees and sponsoring employers
HMRC has released its long-awaited guidance on the VAT treatment of pension scheme costs (view our recent article). Unfortunately, this still leaves several areas unclear and our seminars will consider the key questions now facing trustees and sponsoring employers, including:
- is HMRC really saying that organisations can carry on as before?
- what pension fund costs are now subject to VAT?
- how and when will this be changing?
- in what circumstances does HMRC accept that VAT on these costs can be recovered and is it by the employer or the trustees?
- how is this different for investment and administration costs?
- what strategies are there to increase VAT recovery?
- has there been any movement on some of the challenges identified with previous solutions?
- what should trustees and employers do next?
Who should attend?
- Pension and tax managers of sponsoring employers.
- Trustees of occupational pension schemes.
There is no cost to attend this seminar.
For further information, please contact Julie Cason
St Bride’s House
10 Salisbury Square
London EC4Y 8EH