We provide advice and support to businesses in the Natural Resources sector.
Audit and Assurance
- Statutory audits
- Reporting accountants
- Royalty audits
- Financial due diligence
- IFRS conversions
- Management accounts
- Internal audit
- International tax structuring
- VAT structuring
- Tax due diligence
- Statutory compliance
- Transfer pricing reviews
- EIS and VCT assurance
- Relocation support
- International payroll
- International Social Security
- Employer and employee tax compliance
- Forensic and fraud investigations
- Business plans
- Financial modelling
- Exit planning
- Capital Markets
As experienced advisers in the natural resources sector, our team has seen most industry issues before and will be able to bring to your business our relevant and practical experience.
We provide a full range of services for businesses across the Natural Resources sector, with a particular focus on those operating in Oil and Gas and Mining.
The Corporate Advisers Rankings Guide, published quarterly by Adviser Rankings Limited, rank Crowe Clark Whitehill as the 6th largest auditor to oil and gas companies and the 7th largest auditor to mining companies listed on AIM and the London Stock Exchange (May 2017).
— Brad Gray
Chief Financial Officer
Diversified Gas & Oil PLC
VAT recovery at the Holding Company level
- Recovery of UK VAT on transaction and day-to-day running costs remains a hot topic and a continued area of focus for HMRC in the UK.
- It is common for natural resources companies to have a structure with a UK holding company on top of overseas exploration and producing subsidiaries.
- UK VAT rules require the holding company to carry on an ‘economic activity’ in order to be able to recover VAT. In a number of cases, HMRC has successfully challenged that either this is not happening, or that there is insufficient evidence to show that it is happening.
How we can help
- Prevention is better than cure; we can assist with reviewing the robustness of your current arrangements to give you comfort that they comply with the VAT rules and would stand-up to challenge.
- Support you with any remedial actions you may need to take.
- If you are in dispute with HMRC, to support you in bringing these to a successful resolution.