IT Risk Advisory
General IT controls
High-level analysis and overview from a risk and control perspective of your:
- ICT management
- change management
- data processing
- user access controls
- network security
- computer security
- disaster recovery and business continuity.
Helping you prevent data breaches by:
- mapping your entire IT environment
- identifying main systems and underlying processes
- diagramming where data are stored and processed
- pinpointing vulnerabilities.
Business continuity planning
Prepare for the worst that can happen. We:
- focus on the disaster recovery capabilities of your IT department
- expand the review to cover your firm’s business processes across the firm
- unify separate strands of recovery planning to diagram incident readiness
- analyse strengths and weaknesses.
Your controls must meet a number of standards, including the UK Data Protection Act. We:
- review your data environment
- analyse risks and vulnerabilities of your information governance
- highlight areas of potential or actual non-compliance with the Act
- identify potential or actual non-compliance with sector-specific standards (e.g. the NHS toolkit).
Automated processes and management information
Keep these accurate, secure and available by having us:
- identify critical automated and management information processes
- mapping these end-to-end via the system interfaces
- analyse potential weaknesses.
Keep your system implementation projects on track. We are experts in PRINCE 2 and Agile, and can:
- analyse the procedures throughout the system implementation process
- carry out an end-to-end review
- give mid-project updates so that weaknesses are amended before issues can arise
- review lessons learned.
IT strategy reviews
Getting IT right means getting your business support right.
- review existing IT strategies, specifically content, adequacy and alignment to business strategy
- draft new IT strategies.
Data extraction and analysis
Are you aware of what your data are telling you? We use our IDEA software to:
- analyse large volumes of data to understand trends and potential issues within your organisation
- help to identify upcoming issues before they crystallise
- run a range of analytical processes
- test accuracy and robustness of your procedures