Pension funds: Independent Trustees
As a Trustee, you need technical expertise to help you implement your legal requirements.
Assurance planning and reporting
Trustees are required to demonstrate that processes and controls are in place to identify and mitigate risks.
We can work with you to:
- deliver feedback on your governance framework
- benchmark you scheme’s financial controls in the areas of investments, benefits and contributions against your peers
- review your assurance and governance arrangements and operations and provide:
- a fit-for-purpose assessment
- develop an assurance plan to test your scheme’s controls over an agreed period
- help you embed risk management into your scheme’s operations
- evaluate your risk register
- analyse your reporting procedures to trustees.
Internal Controls Review
Your internal controls over the strategic, financial and operational procedures of your organisation should be reviewed regularly to see if they are delivering to the standards you require.
Our internal controls review assesses whether your organisation operational effectiveness has been achieved. We look at:
- fiancial reporting standards
- compliance processes
An independent review gives you the assurance that your stewardship is on a solid foundation.
GDPR, fraud, cyber-risk
We offer you a full risk advisory service, covering:
- GDPR guidance
We also help you in understanding Integrated Risk Management (IRM).
See our full risk advisory services
We can help your organisation achieve AAF accreditation.
Trustees are required to consider and report against quality standards developed by the Pensions Regulator. The master trust assurance framework allows trustees to demonstrate they have established suitable governance controls in accordance with regulatory guidance.
More information about AAF accreditation can be found on our Defined Benefits Scheme page.