Pension Funds Risk Management
We support and guide Pension Funds Trustees (and sponsors) in managing risks.
What we do
- Develop or confirm your risk philosophy or strategy
- Identify suitable processes to prioritise key risks (including maximising value from a risk register)
- Review and monitor the control mechanisms which mitigate these key risks
- Benchmark risk management practices against the market-place, using our 2017 Risk Management survey
- Ensure an appropriate early warning system is in place to identify potential areas before they become a problem
- Respond to specific pension risk issues (e.g. IRM, data protection, cyber risks, etc.)
Three key focus areas for Trustees
- Ensuring the right risk culture exists
- what are the Trustees’ views on managing risk?
- How seriously is risk management being taken?
- Developing a cost-effective risk process
e.g. how do Trustees consistently and objectively measure risks?
- Implementing an appropriate risk infrastructure
e.g. what is the best approach to measuring and controlling risks?
Who is personally accountable for managing pension risks?
Within these three areas, answering each of the questions below positively means that you have a very effective risk management programme. If not, there is work to be done!
How we work
Recognising that every client is different, we structure our services into six modules, allowing you to choose the level of service you need: