The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is due to come into force from May 2018, and if implemented incorrectly, could cost your scheme thousands of pounds in fines.
Pension schemes have a duty to maintain data security and deter and prevent cybercrime. A cybercrime/data protection incident can result in reputational damage, financial loss, public embarrassment and significant fines from the Information Commissioners Office. Our recent pension risk survey showed that data protection and cyber security risks are key areas of concern for Trustees pension schemes.
Our Pension specialists, along with our Forensic and Counter Fraud team will talk to you about:
- the reality of what GDPR means for pension schemes
- data protection risks for pension funds
- trends in cybercrime and what you need to be aware of
- positioning these risks in the context of other risks that UK pension schemes are currently facing
- steps to manage these pension scheme risks.
There is no cost to attend these events.